18 July 2006

Right On Time

Yesterday morning I needed to go to a meeting with a client, and Larry needed to drive me. But I didn't know how long the meeting would last or where I needed to go afterwards. So I couldn't tell Larry when to pick me up.

There was a possibility I would need to go directly to another appointment, so I told Larry I would call the next appointment at 11:45 to see if that was happening, and then call him. And if I was done with the meeting before 11:45, I would ask my client to drive me home, since it was a very short drive. I wanted to give him a block of time to do his own work.

My client and I had our meeting, which ended just at 11:45. That was the amount of time I had available, and it was precisely the amount of time we needed. I called my next appointment and found it needed to be rescheduled for later in the day, so I needed a ride home.

My client asked me how I was getting home, and I said, "Could you give me a ride home? Or I could call Larry." She said she would drive me and not to call Larry.

I gathered my things together and was just ready to stand up and walk out to the car, when there was a knock at the door. It was Larry!

He said that he needed to go out and so wasn't home for me to call him. So he just came to get me...right on time.

Debra :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home